Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Faithful Travel Companion for Sale

We first met in the summer of 2006. I was getting ready to embark on my first extended overseas vacation, and I knew I didn't want to go alone. We flirted at first; tried some new things. It wasn't long before I knew we were a perfect match. A few weeks later, we were on our way to Reykjavik.

From there, we traipsed through London, Paris, and Madrid, and we never parted. Thankfully, my companion took up very little space, making it easy to share the small European hotel rooms without ever feeling cramped. Together, we watched many sunrises and even more sunsets.

Since then, my companion and I have added a few others to our entourage, and we all have experienced deserts in Moab, winding roads in Wales, golden fields in England, rustic hills and heather in Scotland, cold summers in Stockholm, star-gazing in Helsinki, and palaces in St. Petersburg.

But last year, our time together began to grow short, as I found another companion to suit me better. I had outgrown my first, and we both knew it. Now, as the winter chill sets in and the snow drifts down over our memories, we hope that another traveler out there needs a new companion.

For Sale: One well-loved and faithful Nikon D80, with constant companions Nikkor 12-24 and 18-200, as well as newcomer RRS BD80-L Plate.



To get to know your potential new co-traveler better, please visit this thread on DGrin.

Safe travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment